Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Home Again

Home Again

I had been working out of town for eight days and got back home Sunday evening. It is so good to be back and into my own studio again.

First things first.

For those of you that don't know, I live with my son who works out of town and is only here on the weekends. It works for both of us. I help take care of his place and have a location for my studio.

He got us a replacement dishwasher for Christmas and started the installation but needed different fittings for the water intake and got them at Lowe's (and a new push lawn mower for me.)  He didn't have time to finish the hook-up before he had to leave for the work week.

So, I put on the fitting and hooked-up the water line.  Would have been very simple except, no plummer's tape.  Instead I used a thin coat of silicone mold making material I use.  If needed it will allow the fitting to come out but prevents leaks.  

Glad I thought of using that.  The dishwasher works great.

Next was to take a day and get the house clean and orderly again.

Catch Up

Of course I had to take some time to catch up on the email, Facebook, groups and the rest.  Doing that between loads of laundry.

Fun Stuff

Now I am working on a cute pillow design I am doing for someone to give as gifts to kidney donor and recipient. I will post a picture after the customer has received and seen them (next week.)

This afternoon I will put the handle on the new mower and start spring cleanup outside.

Some of you run, go to the gym or exercise class; I work outside in the yard or garden.  It makes me feel like I am accomplishing something while maintaining my health and it is something I love to do.

Time to get back to the sewing machine and get those pillows stuffed.

Will post again in a few days.  With some pictures of artwork I have done so you can get to know what I can do.

You all have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment