Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Welcome Spring

Welcome Spring

So, March and the beginning of this month were rough for me.  Those familiar with me know that I am always fighting off depression, have sever allergies and arthritis.  Well I got brought down by all of them and then to top it off had a mild (thank the Lord) case of Shingles.  

I am back and productive again.

Pleasant Surprise

We have a nice flock of hens here and they are laying like crazy.  More eggs than we can use even after giving away many. 

part of the flock
So, we have a couple of "broody" hens.  They want to sit on the nest and incubate the eggs.  

I gave a pile of the eggs to one of the hens and let her have her way.
 She is a mean thing and very possessive of her eggs.   Left her alone for three weeks and peeked in on her to make sure she was still alive.


 Then one morning when I checked on her, this little surprise was waiting to say hello.




 And three more.  She hides them up under her wings carries them outside and taught them to scratch in the dirt for bugs and seeds.  They also have "chick starter" and water.  Momma hen has her dish of layer feed that is to large for the chicks to eat.


I just wanted to share this with you.  These cute little babies have helped to put me back in a positive mood and back to being creative and motivated.

There are lots of ideas spinning around in my head and have been productive the past few days, making some pendants.  Some are wire wrapped fossilized bone. Some are molded or carved epoxy.  Look for a preview of them in next post.  

Hope you are all having a wonderful spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment